search

Monday, November 30, 2009

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah

When I was younger (much like a lot of kids my age, then) I wanted to be Superman. Sure, I didn't look like Clark Kent, much less have his perm-a-curl, but I wanted to fight bad guys and fly. I remember jumping on Lola's springy bed and let my body drop and bounce on the bed just feel that split second of flight.



The photo seen above is the official photo in hard copy then taken by digital camera, so, yes, it is a bit fuzzy and grainy.

We went to Tagaytay this morning just to be able to fly. We left at around 7a.m. to avoid any traffic that may be built up on SLEX during rush hour, so we arrived Tagaytay pretty early. Since the skies weren't too friendly, we decided to head to the Picnic Grove before we got drenched. When we did, we bought the two way trip so we could fly twice! Zoom-zoom!

Obviously we got the photo (see above).

Twice, above the ravine we flew, like I did not weigh over 200lbs, like I had the power of flight. I was Superman, despite being heavy as steel. Feeling the wind of my face and seeing the ground below me, the 20 or so seconds was more than enough to transport me back to the days of jumping on Lola's springy bed and happy as a child again.

I didn't mind driving that far. I flew didn't I? Ha. :p Also, we had Leslie's for lunch and Mr. Moo's for dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment