search

Saturday, November 28, 2009

If # 0005

IF you could have lived through any war in history (without actually fighting in it), which would it be?

Honestly, I would rather not be in any actual war, though there's a certain part of me that feels as if it could have been a soldier given a different...body. However, just to satisfy my own curiosity (as well as the question at hand), I think I would have wanted to live through the Trojan War.

I would like to have been the one to document and romanticize the actual event, maybe casting my own set of characters alone with it, and leaving my thumbprint in literary history with my own set of Epics. To this day I find it hard to believe that a blind man such as Homer could be the source of "documentation" of the said war. I know that his accounts were masterpieces of Literature, as these are among the classics, however, I would have wanted to give a more detailed, more historical version of the same. My version would probably be more specific (i.e. How the armor and uniforms looked, how the Trojan Horse was designed and built, etc.).

I could also probably give a detailed account as to how Troy looked. Given that Troy was most probably located near Turkey, this battle could also have been reflective of the never-ending conflict between East and West in that general area of the world (Crusades, Greco-Persian wars, Trojan war, Desert Storm).

No comments:

Post a Comment