search

Thursday, November 19, 2009

If # 0001

IF you were to be granted one wish, what would it be?

I came across this book among the number of them shelved in my room at home and thought to myself "This would be great in combating the self-inflicted Writer's Block". After all, as was taught to us way back when, If you have writer's block, you have noone to blame but yourself, as you are not writing. Metaphysical, Philosophical Self-Babble.

So, going back to the book, I decided to use the questions in the book (entitled IF...Questions for the Game of Life) to grab hold of that block and carve it into something fantastic...or so I hope. So, question number one has been posted up above in bold and blue.

Quite mind-boggling really, as noone wants to be limited to just one wish. Most of the time, the answers to that would be "I'd wish for more/unlimited wishes". Of course, knowing the rule of the Genie (see Aladdin, Disney), you probably know that that's not allowed. Moving along, I'd probably wish for the most practical thing right now: Money. As to the exact amount, maybe I'd say a million Euro. One million is a round figure and the Euro is a strong unit of currency. Why not the dollar, then? Too cliche, I guess.

With a million Euro right here and now, I can probably fulfill so many more wishes, whether mine or someone else's. Of course this is assuming that if the wish is granted, I don't get hounded by the governement for having too much money on me. I wouldn't want to lug that lump sum around while fleeing from town to town.

With that, I sleep. And dream to have that wish reappear and maybe get granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment