search

Monday, August 31, 2009

Manila Ocean Park

This was my second time to go to Manila Ocean Park since the place opened its doors to the public. Last time, though, I wasn't able to bring any camera except my phone, which couldn't take decent photos. Last time I went, I was with Maiks, but this time I went for a family bonding time with my dad and my brother. We had a good lunch at Barrio Fiesta along UN Avenue before heading off to the Quirino Grandstand Area. This was to be a day for something different for us. A day where we would break the monotonic routine of our weekend outings. To keep this post from stretching too much space, i've decided to put the bulk of my photos in my facebook page, but I'll post a few here because, in my opinion, these fish stood out from the rest. This is the RAZORFISH. It isn't sharp like Gilette's tools (or at least I don't think it is), but it has a unique way of swimming. Its body orientation is similar to a normal fish, but it seemsto hover in the water vertically, with its head closer to the ground, er..seabed. Though I have not heard any mooing from it, this is the COWFISH. Horny little bugger. Well, it has horns, so...yeah. Also, if you look at it closely, it looks like a box. So square. This little fishy is fishy indeed. It looks like seaweed, but it's actually a type of EEL. I forgot what it's called but in any case this kind of reminds me of those mutated weeds from The Little Mermaid care of Evil Seawitch Ursula. I wanted to show you the FLASHLIGHT FISH but it was too dark to take a photo without flash (Flash Photography is prohibited, but of course, this rule was ignored by 95% of the visitors)

The Fish Spa

This time around, I wanted to try out the famous Fish Foot Spa. There has been talk about it being tickly or unhygienic or whatnot. But seeing as this was still there, and that they call the fish the DOCTOR FISH, I decided to try it out.
For just PHP120, you get twenty minutes with the fish. Now, ask yourself, have you ever been tickled by someone stroking their finger up and down the sole of your foot? or by the slow smooth scratch of a fingernail? Imagine a hundred of them all together, hitting the bullseye-nerve that sets all the laugh in your body free. Imagine TWENTY MINUTES of that. Haha. Well after about 5 minutes, you get used to them, and you just laugh about how cute they look nibbling away at your lower limbs. You get a free souvenir when you're done --- The plain white towel you use to wipe your feet. But believe me, you get the same feeling of cleanliness and foot rejuvenation that you get after a regular foot spa...at less cost!

Sunset

As if to cap off the lovely afternoon, we were entertained by the lovely sunset like an usher at the end of a lovely movie. Though most of my sunsets shots will be posted in my Facebook, I want to share a few of the prize ones in this blogpost. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment