search

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bonfire and Oktoberfest

I have never been to any Ateneo Championship Bonfire until last night. Entering the gates of the campus for the first time in a long time, I didn't know what to expect, really. I knew it wasn't going to be just a simple bonfire where pieces of wood would be set ablaze and we'd have roasted mallows and weiners while stories of glory would be told.

When I got to the GS parking lot, the place looked as if there was a school fair. Food stalls, concessionaire booths and lots of people. People who knew each other, young and old, all part of the festivities.

It reminded me a little of our school fairs back in high school and elementary where it was all about fun booths and being with friends, celebrating and forgetting about everything negative at least for that day.

Didn't stay too long at the bonfire, for I had a prior commitment to Manny's Oktoberfest. Left Ateneo around 8:45 pm to head for Manny's place, which I overshot on entry as I had forgotten how the house looked.

Friendly faces old and new were all present to celebrate another year of friendship, another year of life. Manny and Iea prepaed lots of drinks wo partner with the delicious goulash and the sausages. Different shapes and sizes, all yummy.

So here's to you guys and all of us, for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment